Crysis Remastered is the graphically enhanced version of Crytek’s award-winning First-Person Shooter game back in 2007. The game recently arrived on Steam and is met with mixed reviews mostly due to optimization issues. Although Crytek introduced graphical enhancements like ray-tracing and better reflections, many players noted that there is no easy way to adjust the Field of View (FOV) from the in-game menu.
Luckily, there are two simple ways to change the FOV if you are playing the PC version. One method is to use the in-game console commands. Alternatively, you can create a file in the game’s directory so the FOV changes automatically whenever you launch the game.
Here are the steps on how to change the FOV:
Method 1: Fix the FOV In-Game
- Launch Crysis Remastered
- Open the in-game console (usually ~ or ; on your keyboard)
- Write “con_restricted=0” and hit ENTER
- Type “cl_fov=90” and press ENTER. You can choose any value for this command
- Return to the game
Method 2: Fix the FOV Automatically
- Go to the game directory for Crysis Remastered in your disk drive
- Create a .txt file using Notepad
- Write the following lines inside the .txt file:
- Save the text file
- Change the format from .txt to .cfg
- Launch the game
Crysis Remastered was first released on PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive on September 18, 2020. One year later, Crytek launched the Steam version with a 20% discount. If you already own the original Crysis then you will also get an extra 30% discount.
Crytek also announced that they will be releasing the Crysis Remastered Trilogy on October 15, 2021. This includes the remastered versions of Crysis 2 and 3 for PC. Both the bundle and the individual games will be available on Epic Games Store and Steam.